If you’re like me and live a pretty on the go life, this quick and yummy summer sandwich will be your best friend! For plant eaters this is the perfect take on the classic chicken salad sandwich that can be made and stored in the fridge all week 😋
– 1 can of organic chickpeas
– vegan mayo
– 1 organic yellow bell pepper
– 1 organic yellow onion
– garlic powder
– salt & pepper
1. Open can of chickpeas and drain the liquid into a mason jar. Save the liquid and check out my other recipes you can use it with! 😊. Optional to remove the skins from the beans but I’m lazy and left them on haha
2. Chop pepper and onion into tiny squares.
3. Mash chickpeas with a potato masher. It’s ok if some aren’t smashed to give it more texture.
3. Mix in about two tablespoons of vegan mayo, peppers and onions. You can of course add in other things like celery or dill if you’d like too!
4. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
VIOLA! It’s really that easy. Serve on toasted bread with mixed greens and a little hot sauce for maximum deliciousness!
Store the rest in the fridge in a sealed container and you’ve got lunch done for a few days!
Hope you enjoy this recipe and please tag me if you give it a try 😊
Til next time,