Dang these turned out freakin’ good. So good in fact, we ended up making a second batch the next day – You’ve been warned.
I should also mention these aren’t super sweet. We can’t handle too much sugary foods in our house and frankly it’s just not good for you anyway. I promise they won’t disappoint though 😉
Serving: 10-12 brownies
• 2 large organic bananas
• 1/2 cup cooked black beans (unseasoned)
• 1/2 cup melted Earth Balance vegan butter
• 1 cup organic cane sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/2 + 1/4 cup organic all purpose flour
• 1/4 cup cacao powder
• 1/4 tsp pink himalayan salt
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large mixing bowl begin by mashing your bananas until they resemble baby food. Once they are all mashed, add in your cup of cooked black beans and mash them up as well. It’s ok if you miss a few beans or some parts are whole, it won’t matter once the brownies bake. While you’re mashing, in a small saucepan begin melting your vegan butter on low.
2. Next add in your melted butter and mix well. It’s important that the butter is melted as it will alter the recipe otherwise. Once the butter is mixed in add in your vanilla extract and cane sugar.
3. Once all the above ingredients are mixed in well add in your flour, cacao powder and salt. Your mixture should now look like this:
4. Using organic coconut oil, lightly grease a small square baking pan. I sprinkled a little cacao powder on the bottom of mine until it evenly coated the pan to further help the mixture from sticking. Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven, let cool and top with Dollop Gourmet Hot Chocolate vegan frosting & organic walnuts for maximum deliciousness! Use my code CHOOSELOVE15 on Dollop’s website for 15% off and mention CHOOSELOVEART at the Kissimmee Bulk Nation location for 10% off your walnuts 🙂
Another variation you could also try since we’ve been making these pretty frequently 😉 is to swirl in organic peanut butter after pouring the batter into the pan and baking as normal. It’s also DELICIOUS.
Which ever you decide to try please let me know, I love seeing your creations!
Til next time,