It’s undeniably a strange time to be alive. As this unprecedented pandemic disrupts our daily lives, I figured a little fun resource for home confined kids might be helpful. As a homeschool mom, I’m in a blessed position where the quarantine doesn’t change much for us in terms of education but I realize that’s not the case for many.
To help alleviate some stress and keep the kiddos on track, I decided to whip up a list of some of my favorite free digital resources. On these sites you’ll find games, kid friendly (k-12) information, printable worksheets and more! I hope you find this list helpful and would love to know if I missed any that you use 😊
10 FREE educational websites for all ages
1. Kids National Geographic – this site is a great data base with a focus on animals, habitats, science and more. There are quizzes, videos and tons of activities.
2. PBS Kids – a fun collection of popular character games, shows and story book adventures.
3. Lakeshore Learning – From babies to 11 year olds – this website has a ton of great material! To access free printable worksheets, lesson plans and craft ideas, click the “resources tab” and then click the drop down menu that says “Free Resources”.
4. Scholastic Kids – This site has material available for up to grade 9. Simply click the appropriate level for your child and you’ll be able to access free videos and digital books.
5. Kennedy Space Center – Have a kid that’s into science and space? Kennedy Space Center offers a variety of free activity worksheets and experiment ideas! They are also hosting Facebook lives on Mondays, Wednesday’s and Friday’s at 9:30am EST for young children. High school geared lives will be held at 1pm. Click here for their Facebook page.
6. Starfall – If your child is into interactive learning games this site is great! You can choose your subject and level and even access customizable practice sheets.
7. Audible Stories – Amazon’s audible books company has announced they will be offering free stories to children and teens for as long as school is closed due to the pandemic. Click the link to access tons of books.
8. Ck-12 – This site is great for children all the way up through high school. You can create a free account and search material by subject and grade level. There are also practice quizzes available to track progress.
*For the last two websites apply code “SCHOOL7771” for free access
9. ABC Mouse – With over 850 lessons, puzzles, songs, games and activities there’s bound to be some great options for your little ones.
10. Reading IQ – Reading IQ offers over 7,000 books for all levels on their site. The books include chapter books, biographies, picture books, graphic novels, non fiction and more.