I was feeling the fall spirit here in FL (thanks to a small breeze haha) and bought the Trader Joe’s pumpkin butter for the first time! If you’re into pumpkin-y, nutmeg-y things – you’ll love this stuff. We had it on toast and in plain coconut yogurt which was yummy, but I was curious how it would hold up in a muffin recipe. The results? Epicness.
Lets just get right into my recipe. I warn you though, this thangs are addicting!! Note** I was originally going to make a cake and decided last-minute to make muffins so this recipe will make a good amount of them. Also, for some reason they tasted even better the second day! Leave them in an air tight container on the counter over night and I promise you’ll thank me.
Serving: 22 muffins
Cook time: 14 minutes
3 cups organic all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup organic brown sugar
1 cup organic cane sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp trader joes pumpkin butter
1/2 cup organic earth’s best vegan butter
1 tsp nutmeg
6 tbsp aqua faba (canned chick pea broth) ← works as an egg replacer.
1 1/2 cups almond milk (I used the unsweetened almond breeze brand)
1. Pre heat oven to 350°. Grease two cupcake pans (I used coconut oil) and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients except for the sugars (flour, salt, baking soda/powder, nutmeg), stir well and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine your sugars and butter until it is creamy and smooth. Add in the rest of your wet ingredients to the cream and make sure to mix well.
4. Combine your wet ingredients bowl with your dry bowl.
5. Your mixture should now resemble cake mix at this point. If you find its still too “dough-y” add in a pinch more almond milk slowly until the consistently is right. It should be able to drip from a spoon without having to forcefully shake it.
6. Pour batter into pans and bake for 14 minutes.
Remove muffins and allow to fully cool. As I mentioned above, if you have the will power, store these in an air tight container and leave them on the counter overnight. I promise they’ll taste even more magical!
These babies didn’t last two days in our house and are the perfect balance of pumpkin, spice and light sweetness. My three year old begged me to make more so you know they’re super official when they’re kid approved!
Please tag me or shoot me a comment if you decide to give these a try!
Til next time,