Sometimes I just want something sweet – ok let’s be honest A LOT of times. With this super simple delicious recipe though you don’t have to feel guilty about your craving and the whole family will love it!
serving roughly 10 truffles.
• 20 organic pitted dates. (I buy mine from Bulk Nation in Kissimmee for a great price and my code CHOOSELOVEART saves you 10% if you go in and mention it at checkout!)
• 1 Tbsp of organic creamy salted peanut butter. (I use the Trader Joe’s Brand)
• 1/2 Tsp of organic coconut oil
• A handful non dairy chocolate chips
• Himalayan pink salt
** You will need a high speed blender (we use a Vitamix) or food processor for this recipe. I’m not sure if a regular blender will be able to blend the dates and may damage it.
1. Bulk Nation is a boss and sells the dates already pitted but if yours have pits make sure you pull them out first. After they are pitted, break them apart a little with your fingers to help them blend easier.
2. Add peanut butter and coconut oil to the dates in the blender.
3. Blend all ingredients together until a sticky dough like mixture forms.
4. Roll mixture into balls and set in the freezer while you work on the chocolate. You should be able to make about 10 depending on how large you make them.
5. Melt chocolate in a pan on medium low while stirring constantly to not burn it. Add in 1/2 tsp of coconut oil.
6. Pull caramel balls out of the freezer and pour chocolate onto them. You can also dip them in the chocolate for a cleaner look but I was going for the least amount of mess haha. Sprinkle Himalayan salt on top when finished and place them in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
Pull them from the freezer and enjoy!
As always please be sure to tag me if you try my yummy recipe! I just love seeing your creations 🙂
Til next time,