I can’t believe in the year 2020 I’m sharing a compiled guide to anti-racism resources, yet here we are.
“Racism is not getting worse, It’s getting filmed.”– will smith
I don’t need to explain the necessity and timing of this post. As an influencer it’s my job to use my voice for good, not just shove products and services down your throat. As a wellness educator it’s my job to provide a safe space for important dialogue that promotes conscious living matched with action. As a light skinned Latina it’s my job to elevate the voices of my brothers and sisters in the black community who’s privilege is not as fortunate as my own. And as a human being its my job to love.
We are living in a time where silence is unacceptable and camaraderie is essential. If you are finding it difficult to use your voice for fear of what to say or are in need of resources to better understand the perspective of black/brown people – this post is for you.
Below is a list of resources I’ve found that may help to further educate us (myself included) on the topics of: injustice, white privilege, systematic oppression, unlearning underlying generational racism and more.
I sincerely hope that when the “trending topic” of supporting BIPOC this week fades you’ll still be there doing your part.
- White Fragility – Robin DiAngelo
- Me and White Supremacy – Layla F. Saad
- Why Are All The Black Kids Sitting Together In The Cafeteria? – Beverly Daniel Tatum
- How to be Anti-Racist – Ibram X. Kendi
- So You Want To Talk About Race – Ijeoma Oluo
- White Rage – Carol Anderson
- The Color of Law – James McBride
- Black Appetite. White Food. – Jamila Lyiscott
- Waking Up White – Debby Irving
- The New Jim Crow – Michelle Alexander
- Between The World and Me – Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Why I’m No Longer Talking To White People About Race – Reni Eddo-Lodge
- Stamped From The Beginning – Ibram X. Kendi
- America’s Original Sin – Jim Wallace
- What Does It Mean To Be White? – Robin DiAngelo
- The Bluest Eye – Toni Morrison
- How Does It Feel To Be a Problem? – Moustafa Bayoumi
- Sister Outsider – Audra Lorde
- Just Mercy – Bryan Stevenson
- Blind Spot: Hidden Biases Of Good People – Mahzarin R. Banaji
- When God Made You – Matthew Paul Turner
- Let’s Talk About Race – Julius Lester
- Happy In Our Skin – Fran Manushkin
- All Are Welcome – Alexandra Penfold
- We’re Different. We’re The Same – Bobbi Kates
- Not My Idea: A Book About Whiteness – Anastasia Higginbotham
- Teach Your Dragon About Diversity – Steve Herman
- Quienquiera Que Seas – Mem Fox
articles + posts
- 75 Things White People Can Do For Racial Justice
- Resources For White People To Learn and Talk About Race and Racism
- How To Check In On Your Black Friends
- If Someone Doesn’t Understand White Privilege Show Them This Video
- How to Talk to Your Family About Racism on Thanksgiving
- Who Gets to Be Afraid in America?
podcasts + Talks
organizations To support and donate to
- George Floyd Memorial Fund
- Color Of Change
- Minnesota Freedom Fund
- Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC)
petitions to sign
*book links contain affiliate links to help support my blog and ability to donate to the above mentioned organizations.