If you follow me on Instagram (@chooseloveart) then you saw that I recently took over Bulk Nation Food’s stories to show you how I shop waste free in their store! In addition to this, I also created a raw vegan organic bliss ball recipe with some of their ingredients that is super simple to make, delicious and healthy for you too!
As promised for those of you that missed the story, have no fear, the recipe is posted below 😉 here’s what you’ll need:
Appliances: food processor or high-powered blender (such as a vitamix)
Ingredients: (yields roughly 22-24 small balls)
1/2 cup raw organic walnuts
20 pitted dates
1 1/2 tbsp agave (you could also use maple syrup)
2 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp coconut shreds
1 tbsp cacao powder
1/4 tsp coconut oil
2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Begin by adding in your walnuts into the food processor or high-powered blender. Blend on high until it is finely grinded down to a chunky dry meal consistency.
- Next add in your dates and coconut oil. Blend on high until a sticky dough begins to form.
- Add in your almond butter next along with your agave syrup and cacao powder. Blend until well combined.
- Lastly drop in your coconut shreds and chocolate chips and blend on low for a couple of seconds or so. This is only to mix it in but not to finely grind it down.
- By now you should have thick and slightly greasy dough. Remove small dollops of it with your hands and form into the shape of a ball. It’s optional to roll them in coconut shreds or any other toppings like I did here.
It’s really as simple as that! You can enjoy them immediately or as I like to do, place them in the fridge for ten minutes to stiffen them up a bit before eating. Keep stored in an air tight container in the fridge and they will last for a few days since there is no dairy 🙂
Til next time,