It’s that time of the year to leave Santa cookies by the tree! Orrrrr just eating delicious treats in general cause why the heck not 😉
Here’s what you’ll need;
• 1 tbsp organic flax meal
• 2 1/2 cups organic all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 2 cups organic cane sugar (can also use brown sugar)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 cup organic vegan butter (I use the earths balance brand)
• 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
• 1 tbsp organic coconut oil (use fractionated so that it doesn’t have the coconut flavor)
• 2 tbsp almond milk
• non dairy chocolate chips (I used the trader joe’s brand)
1. In a small bowl, mix flax meal with 2 tbsp’s of water and put in the fridge until it looks “gel” like (about 8-10 minutes). This is going to act as out egg replacer.
2. In a large bowl, mix your sugar and butter together until it’s super creamy. You can use a hand mixer or fork (with some elbow grease!) to do this.
3. Next add in your vanilla extract, flax meal “egg”, coconut oil and almond milk. Mix well.
4. Next add in your flour, baking powder and salt to the mixture. After mixing well it should now resemble a dough consistency. If you find it’s still too dry, add in a little more almond milk very slowly to not over do it.
5. When the dough is formed, fold in your desired amount of chocolate chips. Scoop out a spoon worth of dough and roll into balls.
6. Place the dough balls on a greased baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes at 350° F.
When they’re done baking allow to slightly cool and leave as is or push down lightly with a spoon to flaten the tops.
These hands down were the best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever made and highly recommend you try it! They’re the prefect cookie to bake with your little ones on Christmas Eve (or to eat year round 😁). As always tag me or comment if you do! 😊