Thanksgiving is in 3 days and we all know what desert will be making its annual appearance on everyone’s table – PUMPKIN PIEEEEE.
I decided to play around with a dairy free recipe today and other than needing to tweek my nutmeg measurement a bit, I pretty much nailed it on the first try! woo hooooo! Honestly once you see how crazy easy these are to make, you’re going to wonder why you spent so much money buying them pre-made all these years.
I will admit though, I was lazy this time and didn’t make my pie crust from scratch BUT the good news is that with Thanksgiving coming up its ridiculously easy to find an organic pre-made one for cheap. If you’d like me to post a pie crust recipe though just shoot me a comment and I’d be happy to 🙂
Anywhoo, here’s what you’ll need to make your pumpkin pie:
- 1 organic pie crust (I bought the Arrowhead Mills brand from Whole foods)
- 1 can of unsweetened organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open pie crust packaging and set crust aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add in all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Taste your mixture at this point and add in anything to your preference (probably won’t need to though cause this recipe is BOMB! haha)
- Pour pie filling mixture onto the crust and bake for 40-45 minutes.
**IMPORTANT STEP** Once the pie is done baking, remove it from the oven and allow it to completely cool on the counter. Once its cooled, transfer it to the fridge and allow to set for about an hour. This step is important to get that firm consistency we all know and love about a good pumpkin pie. If you try to cut into it before these steps it will be more of a mouse consistency than firm pie.
*PRO TIP* Top your pie with some non dairy coconut whipped cream for maximum epic-ness. I bought this one at whole foods and saw Trader Joe’s now carries one too! So good!
There you have it – a dairy & egg free pumpkin pie that I guarantee you and the family will enjoy! Also. I love seeing you guys try my recipes on my @chooseloveart Instagram page so please tag me or comment below if you do!
Happy Thanksgiving guys <3